Monday, April 9, 2018

February Reads-2018

Another month down for 2018.


Am I the only one that one minute thinks, "Wow time is moving so slowly." and then the next is scratching my head wondering how we can already be into the third month of the year.

I have been reading quite a bit this month.  Mostly because the weather here has been terrible.  Nothing says "let's cozy up with some good books," like snowy, rainy, windy weather.



15724396
I like Rick Riordan's books.  I breezed through the Percy Jackson series.  This series is about the Norse Gods, but is no less entertaining.  Nice, quick reads!


32191710
Very interesting read. Many concepts were still over my head, but I have picked up enough from a college astronomy class and Big Bang Theory to follow most of what he described. Definitely needs to be read a chapter at a time to give you time to let the knowledge sink in. Great read.

30117284

I really liked this book.  Different that her Divergent series, but no less entertaining.  Was quite disappointed when I got to the end and realized the rest of the series has not been released yet- not good at waiting!

8306745
My first Brandon Mull book.  Look forward to reading many more.  The universe he has created is quite fascinating.

16691480

I have to give this 3 stars, not because it wasn't good but because the ending annoyed me. I read a lot of series. Series, no matter the number books on the series follow a pattern. The series, as a whole, as a story, a conflict, an issue it overcomes. But each individual book has a smaller story, a piece of the overall story it deals with, it conquers. closed up by the end. You have questions at the end, usually dealing with the overall story. But you always have answers, even if only small ones. Enough answers to draw you in but not so many you don't want to keep reading. I finished this book with way more questions than answers. In fact I don't think I have any answers. I barely know the characters. Ugh, I would say I am so annoyed that I don't want to finish the series but I know I will because I am a serial reader and if I start a series, I will finish it.

9418327
I actually listed to this in my car.  Have never been an audio book person before, but honestly I have been bored with the music, so trying it out for a bit.  Pretty funny. Nothing earth shattering but definitely learned a lot about Tina Fey and her life.
29430845

I don't consider myself a foodie by any stretch of the imagination but I love history and I love learning about the everyday items I encounter. This book met and exceeded both of those loves. I was surprised at the eight main flavors she found prevalent in American food. But the more I thought about it and read her histories on the flavors, it made sense. We call this country the melting pot so its only fitting that our food and flavors be a melting pot of flavors most often matched to other countries. I enjoyed the book and had to add it to my "buy" list so I can attempt to be brave and cook some of the amazing sounding recipes sprinkled throughout the chapters. 
12988089
I read the first Michael Vey book a few years ago.  But I fell back into the universe quite easily.  Look forward to seeing how this series progresses.  Was completely grossed out by the rats.
18006513
I must of been living under a rock the day this movie was announced, because I don't remember hearing about it.  And it has a lot of my favorite actors in it.  Anyways, the book was interesting.  It gave a little bit more background on the butler that the movie was based off of.  Looking forward to seeing the moving.
15861491
I love love love the Pittacus Lore books.  I have been slowing making my way thought them since the first movie came out.  I don't think the movie did well, which saddens me because I know they probably won't release the other books, and I really enjoy them.
27904311
Have you figured out I really like reading series?  This is the next book in the Magnus Chase series.  Seemed a bit more chaotic than the first, but i still enjoyed it.  I do find it strangely poetic that I started and ended the month with books from the same series... that rarely happens for me.




There you have it, my books for the month.  If your keeping tracking I am up to 18 books for the year (my goal is 60).  I have read 5 personal development books (my goal is 25).  Not bad for only 2 months, in my opinion.  Lots of sci-fi/fantasy this month, which I really enjoy.  But I also expanded my horizons to read a science books and a cooking book, two genres I don't really lean towards very often.  


Your turn, what are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment